Monday 12 May 2014

Pinterest inspiration.....

I saw this idea on Pinterest (see the pin on my Pinterset Craft  Ideas board) and when I found some lovely jars in Matalan I gave it a go over the weekend

The idea is to use hole re-inforcers and nail varnish to decorate glass jars. So you stick the re-inforcers onto the jar paint over the hole with nail varnish, let it dry and then remove the sticker, and you have a lovely spot!


I already had some re-inforcers and plenty of nail varnish!!! 
The hardest part was knowing when to stop LOL. I found I painted some spots, let them dry removed the stickers and then filled in any gaps. 

I then got to thinking I could punch out any shape out of label stickers, so did some larger spots and some Christmas trees.I didn't have any green nail varnish, not a colour I wear! I did have some turquoise so used that and when it had dried used Holly Stickles and dabbed on with a brush. I found it was then best to remove the sticker straightaway as the ones I left longer to dry were pulling the nail varnish off. I did try liquid pearls but it didn't work at all it just pulled off with the sticker.  



I added some gold stickles to the tops of the trees. Stars would be lovely too in gold and I've got some lovely shimmery red nail varnish to think how I can use it. Snowflakes also spring to mind. They would make nice candle jars - and any glass jar could be used so don't throw your nice shaped jars away!



I wanted something to store my washi tape in and what better way than in one of these. I can now see all the colours & patterns I have.


I have some cupcake cases in a square glass jar in my kitchen, an idea Natalie found on Pinterest too. It took me a long time to find  a jar wide enough to get them in and out and not too big - these are perfect. 


The large jars are 2 for £5 and the small 4 for £4. They have a rubber seal too so food stuff would keep Ok in them.

I think they would make lovely presents - and addition of a tag and maybe homemade cookies, chocolates or sweets would make it even more special.







No comments:

Post a Comment