Saturday 15 March 2014

Baby arrival - tag blanket & cards


Our gorgeous great niece was born on 1st March and I wanted to make something for her. 
I chose to have a go at making a tag blanket. I can remember buying one of these about 8 years ago for another great niece and remember thinking at the time I could make one!

So here is my attempt, which I must admit I was really pleased with and really enjoyed making it.
I got the fleece and material from Boyes, the ribbon is from my stash. I decided I wanted to add some applique & her name and came up with the rabbit as I had also bought a soft toy rabbit. Choosing the ribbons and deciding where to put them took the longest time, apart from stitching the little label. The sewing was the easy bit!
I thought with the applique having ribbon all the way round would be too much so I just put it on 2 corners. 





This card design is a copy of a card made by Heather Summers

http://stampwithheather.typepad.com/stamp_with_heather/2014/02/baby-weve-grown.html

I loved her colour combination but decided to go with white for mine.
A matching card for Myla's doting sister Ayanna.



Myla & her big sister Ayanna




No comments:

Post a Comment