Saturday 22 March 2014

My new toy!!!!!!

I was so excited after my trip to Harrogate papercrafts show last Saturday and couldn't wait to get home to try out my new toy - some Pom Pom makers (easily pleased aren't I).

I had never seen these before and maybe because I had been pinning things made with Pom Poms on Pinterest, and they seem to be popular at the moment I noticed them. So I decided to buy a couple.
I know 2 pieces of card works well - I remember making them as a child, but I was hoping these would be easier and quicker.


When I got home I searched for some suitable wool, didn't have much but enough to try it out.
There were only a few pictures on the back of the packet and as I was making my first one I thought this wasn't going to work, but I carried on! 
I was right, it fell apart!! 
So what did I do - did exactly the same thing again and yes surprisingly the same thing happened - why did I think it wouldn't?


So I went onto You Tube and found a video to show how to do it - easy when you know how!
I was well away then - 3 minutes it take to make the smallest.

The next day I called a round my mam's to take her some Pom Poms she wanted for some bootees she had knitted - aren't they cute.

She said - you will be wanting some wool do you - she knows me so well!
Off she went upstairs and came down with these - as well as 2 boxes with lots of balls of wool in them LOL

So I have got plenty to keep me going. 
You can get really large ones that make 4" pom poms and even heart shaped ones - just search on google images or Pinterest for some ideas. 

I think I have now got pom pom repetitive strain injury.





No comments:

Post a Comment