Saturday 23 August 2014

Happy 60th Birthday.....

to our brother-in-law Ronnie. 

Here is the card I made for him with a box to put it in.


I used the Crafty Owl Box buster to get the right size for the box after I'd made the card so it fits in nicely. The photo doesn't show the depth but it is 1 1/2" 
I stuck the saying You're The Best onto the ribbon and stuck another of the bubble behind to make it firmer.


Another idea I had to use the little letter framelits.
The card base is made scoring the card stock at 6cm and then mark the centre of each panel so you can position the scallop punch to shape the tops. You have to push the card into the punch as the guide is 5cm but you can do it with a bit of patience! You will then need to trim the bits of card in between each scallop top. If you need a longer word or name you will need to join some card together.
Another way would be to do a straight concertina, make the tags separately and stick them onto the concertina of card, though this takes more card.

Close up of each letter 






I'm in the process of doing another for my god daughter's 30th birthday tomorrow - so check back soon for another sample
Lynn
x

No comments:

Post a Comment