Friday 27 November 2015

Stokesley show entries part 1

I entered Stokesley Show again this year and loved making and trying new things to challenge myself.
The thing I enjoyed making the most was my entries for the peg doll category. As soon as I saw the category It was something different and after looking on line and Pinterest and seeing what I liked I couldn't wait to get started.
I found a supplier for the wooden heads, pegs and stands and dug out my acrylic paints. 
I started with the heads and this is still my favourite part of making them, they really start to come to life when you add the hair and features. As always I learnt as I went along and think I've got the process right now. 


This was my first attempt and I decided not to enter it after I made some others but I do love her and have to keep her as it was the first I made.
Her dress was some material Iand lace I already had and her arms are pipe cleaners with embroidery thread wrapped round. A little Stampin Up flower finished of her hair.


I entered 3 pegs in the show using different techniques a painted Superman, 
one in a stand with a felt dress and a hanging Christmas one.



I was lucky to be awarded 2nd place for this entry .

I made a stand from old cotton reels and wire to hang her from for display


My friends are very kind and often say to me well what won, 
so here are the first and 3rd places









No comments:

Post a Comment