Saturday 27 September 2014

Stokesley Show

The reason I was really busy was I have been making things to enter into Stokesley show.

When you enter, you decide which catergories you want to enter and submit a form by the end of August.The show was on the 20th September.
I decided on which classes I was entering, you can enter up to 3 things in each class, then decided what new things I wanted to make and what I already had that I could enter (mainly as I ran out of time to make new things!)

I will share with you over the next week or so what I have been making and how they fared in the show.

Class - Decorated box


I have used a Stampin Up kraft box as the base, some retired and new stamps to decorate.
Each side has the Postcard stamp as the base and then stamped.
The ornament on the top is one that featured in last years catalogue, and just added some height to box. The tag is from this years Autumn/winter catalogue.

Each side






I was pleased to get 3rd place :)
I never go with any expectation as you don't know what the judges like or don't and the style and medium used in the entries can be very varied.

These were1st & 2nd prize winners - 
both boxes look as though they had been made from scratch as well as decorated




2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn these are gorgeous and congratulations on the placings you received :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Margaret only the top box is mine :)

    ReplyDelete