Friday 11 April 2014

Egg boxes........

I found a video by Sandy McIver showing how to make a cute holder for a small egg. 
There are lots of similar ones and boxes using the scallop tag topper punch, but I liked the addition of the little base to hold the egg. I did make mine a little longer and will give you the instructions and measurements but here is the video link to see the ones she made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbWZJsIflOk


Don't you just love spring colours - these are from the subtles collections from Stampin Up, 
Pear Pizazz, Pool Party, Blushing Bride, So Saffron, Wisteria Wonder, Marina Mist.

For the main box a piece of card 2" x 8" scored at 3 1/4" & 4 3/4"  
For the base  a piece of card 2 1/2" x 3" scored at 1/4" & 1/2" on each side.


Punch each end of the 2" x 8" card with the scallop tag topper punch or use a framelit / nestability to shape the top or draw your own shape and cut with scissors and punch a hole.

The base piece  - cut square from each corner. On the back draw a diagonal line from each corner with a pencil and use 1" circle punch to cut out circle in the centre using the pencil lines as a guide. If you are using a different egg, check the size hole you need to fit your egg.
Fold along the scored lines and then stick to the card strip in between the scored lines.


I added a 3d foam pad inside the hole to help hold the egg. I also stuck each flap to the side of the base, but you don't have to.


Decorate the front however you want. If you are going to stamp onto the front of the card strip don't forget to do this before adding the base!
I chose to stamp onto vanilla card, punched and cut out pieces to stick onto the front. 
It depends what stamps you have and the look you want.
I've used dotted frame from Fitting Occasion and curly label punch. The dots are from Happy Watercolour from the new spring catalogue. The larger egg is from Easter blossoms and the small one is from Spring Sampler, both retired. Greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes.
Fasten with ribbon.


Side view showing the egg nestled in it the base 

I hope you've enjoyed todays instalment that I've scheduled as I'm away for the weekend in the motorhome and guess what - I've taken more of these to assemble whilst I'm away as well as some knitting :)

Check back Sunday for another scheduled post

Lynn x

1 comment:

  1. They are lovely Lynn. I would like to give these a go, so the Tag topper punch is now on my wish list, lol. Have a great Easter break!

    ReplyDelete