Thursday 10 April 2014

Sewing case

I have been doing a bit of sewing lately and after seeing a lovely sewing case on Pinterest decided I was going to make one as it would be useful to take with me in the motorhome.
The pin didn't have instructions how to make it, so I drew my own pattern and changed some things and bought some lovely material from Stockton market. 

I then decided I would make one for my mam for Mothers day, so cut the base for 2.

I was finishing it off on the morning of Mothers day, and I shall say there was blood (some of which I had to rub off the material when the wrong end of the needle kept digging in my finger) & sweat went into it! I must find my thimble - and make a pocket for one when I make mine!

I was really pleased how it turned out, and more importantly mam loved it.
I've never made binding, so I found a video on you tube. Next time I will make it a bit wider so I can machine top stitch, I had to hand stitch this to be able to pull it over the material.





Now I just need to get mine made!

No comments:

Post a Comment