Saturday 31 January 2015

Halloween final part......

.....it's me LOL!!!!!!

I had seen a pumpkin outfit on Ebay but sometimes they look better than they are so decided to have a go at making one myself.
I looked around the charity shops and found an orange stretchy skirt with peplums on it (who would want one like that!) Well all I ended up with was the waistband and some of the peplum as the base to add the netting and satin, the zip and some for the sleeve bands.
I used brown packaging paper to draw and make a pattern for the skirt, just pinning to see how many panels I would need. 
I wanted it to keep it's shape and after searching the internet saw an idea of using thin plastic tubing which is softer than the hoops you can buy or make. I got it from B&Q and it worked fine and meant I could sit down.
 The top was a cheap T-shirt dress from Matalan and I added the sleeves again looking on the internet for an idea of how to make a sleeve and drawing my own pattern.


I ordered the wig to find it was no longer available and I was really disappointed as I liked the look of the texture not a shiny one. 
I just happened to go on Ebay a few days later and there was an exact same one being sold and the auction was due to end in 20 minutes. I ended up winning it and cheaper than what I would have paid for the other -it was meant to be mine!
Black & orange tights, face paint and a picture on Pinterest to copy finished the look - oh and one frame from a cheap pair of glasses with pipe cleaners for the necklace.


Now what can I do this year??????????

2 comments:

  1. You are so clever but I am laughing so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary LOL does make me smile when I look at these photo's!

    ReplyDelete