Thursday 5 March 2015

More painted petals with a Berry Basket gift

I have made a few of the same design card for some of the birthdays I have this month. 
Whilst I had the stamps and inks out I made a few at once, saving time whilst I had everything out. You can change the look by stamping in slightly different places or using a different message and matt it on a different colour card so they are still one offs!

This card is a little different than the previous one.

The basket was made using the Berry Basket die another favourite. I used the Irresistible Yours DSP again, which is a thicker card and great for boxes. 
I inked it with Blushing Bride and Rose Red to match the card. 
The signs and bread tag are made using From The Garden stamps and Handpicked framelits. A little bit of tissue in the basket helped to display the little gifts and keep them in place. My friend loved it and commented what a lovely way to give a gift!


This is the inside of the box - I decided to line it to make it a little stronger as there was a bit of weight to the gifts going in it.
I cut the basket as normal then cut another but cut off the sides and trimmed the bottom edges slightly and the square bottom. I inked the panels and stuck them to the inside before assembling the basket, making sure it folded up OK.
I use glue to stick the scallop edge to the sides but then like to use staples to help hold it but to add decoration on the outside. I cover the inside with the strips cut from the die.


No comments:

Post a Comment