Monday 9 March 2015

What an Occasion......

...the title of the sewing class Natalie and I are starting tonight!

I used to go to a dressmaking class many years ago and made quite a few skirts & tops for myself, shorts, dungarees & little shirts for James and shorts for Martyn - but then papercrafting took over.

I have been doing bits of sewing over the last year and ever since the first Sewing bee started I have been wanting to make some clothes for myself but there has always been other things to do - until now!

Some-one shared the information about this 5 week course on Facebook and the time and length was ideal for me, so I decided to go for it, not that I've got a special occasion to go to to make something. To be honest I want to make some everyday/work things.
Unlike Natalie she is making a dress for a wedding.

I have bought material for a skirt and a dress and will decided tonight what to start with.

I had to share my lovely little Liberty pincushion mouse - a present from a friend from work. 
She recently went to London and wanted to go to Libertys. She saw this and bought it for me as she knew I was starting a sewing class - how kind and thoughtful was that!
It seems to nice to stick pins in it.


Let's hope we both manage to makes something we can wear - will keep you updated.



No comments:

Post a Comment