Tuesday 3 March 2015

Painted Petals

One of my favourite sets from the Spring/Summer catalogue is the Painted Petals stamps and matching Painted Blooms DSP. I think it's the colour scheme that attracts me.

It is a versatile set that can be used for lots of different occasions.

Here is the first card I made with it.


I used Blackberry Bliss, Rose Red, Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight and Wild Wasabi ink and the matt is Blackberry Bliss. These are the colours suggested in the catalogue to match the papers, though I haven't used the papers on the card. So don't forget if you like a colour scheme in the catalogue check the fine print for the colours used!
It really doesn't matter how you stamp over the top of the images - I just stamped where I thought it needed something until I was happy with the result!
I used the Happy Birthday from Big Day from Sale-A-bration and filled inside the lines of Birthday with Crystal Effects as well as using it on some of the flowers, just to give a bit of depth and shine to a flat stamped card and it did make a big difference.

As you will know I like to stamp on the envelope and inside the card too.
This is the envelope front - I stamped on the flap too (see last photo)

The inside of the card


I also made a Fry Box which contained some champagne truffles.
I used some of the DSP t line the back of the box and for the banner on the front.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Lynn! Found you while browsing on Pinterest, love your creations!

    Hugs ~ Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really kind of you to leave a comment thank you.
      I love browsing browsing on Pinterest too - would get more made if I didn't LOL!

      Delete